Sunday, September 14, 2008

What's with the title?

I know, it seems like a weird title to me, too. But there are some good reasons for it.

The simplest one is that my first choice was taken: poking the bear. Although I first heard the expression a few months ago --actually I was told by one commenter that my personality fits the bear poker-- it seems to be an old enough expressions to have at two different blogs on this site alone involving bear poking.

But adversity, small though it is, affords opportunity. Changing for the better and crossing the divisions which separate people and quash ideals involves breaking through barriers, poking them, if you will.

Thus the inspiration behind the title. Poking the barrier between truth and delusion, civilization and libertinism, a culture of death and a culture of lifel My hope is that, if someone reads my blog long enough, eventually even the most dye-in-the-wool idealogue will find something they like enough to open their minds and the most easy going tolerance monger will find something they will hate enough to show that they aren't as tolerant as they think they are.

This may be a tall order, but, remember, I'm only poking the barrier. I'm not arrogant as to believe myself worthy to break the barrier.

Of course, along the way, I am also going to blog sports, religion, race relations, and child rearing. Hey, I'm not that pretentious.

No comments: